Saturday, December 08, 2007

Morman candidate

I have watched with interest Milt Rommey's speech about his religion. Talk about much ado about nothing. The really sad thing is that he had to make this speech.
The other disgusting thing are the comments made about the so-called experts. Many of these people go on national television to demonstrate their appalling ignorance. They have not read history, and they are totally off base. It is almost sickening to hear these know-nothings call the LSD church a "cult." If this is a cult, then so are the Southern Baptists, and many other of the "religious right."

I do not agree with the Mormon theology. However, I admire almost all of the Mormons I have known. They, along with the Quakers, sincerely try to walk the walk, as taught in the Bible. Too many of the so-called main-stream religions just talk the talk. Go read the history of the Mormons during the Great Depression, and you will get an idea of what I say.

It is disgusting that a presidential candidate has to go on national television to say that he will not be influenced by his religion. Hell! I want my president to be influenced by his religion. That's a hell of a lot better than being influenced by big-business or by the lame-stream media.

No comments: