Monday, March 17, 2008

The 2008 campaign

Again, to paraphrase Winston Churchill, "Never in the field of human endeavor has so much been said by so many about so little."
The big political news today seems to be centered on the Pastor of a church that Barrack Obama attends. It seems this particular preacher is a blithering idiot! So what! I have known many preachers that were idiots. I didn't agree with anything they said. Did that place some sort of evil stigma on me because I attended that church? That line of thinking is total BS!

I was taught that the church and its beliefs were above any individual. But, the lamestream media (and certain political people) are working hard to make us believe that because Obama attends this church, he must necessarily agree with this windbag of a preacher. Talk about a charge of "guilt by association!"

This type of left-handed attack convinces me that I will support Obama in the May NC primary, because I cannot tolerate the cheap tactics of the Clinton ticket. However, in the back of my mind, I have the fear that somehow the Clintons will steal the nomination. In that case I will vote for McCain. Anything is better than the other sleazy bunch.

But then, that's the opinion of The Resident Curmudgeon. What's yours?

No comments: