Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Proposed NC Amendment

I told myself that I should stay out of this argument, but I now realize that such total stupidity just cannot be ignored.

The proposed Amendment One to the NC Constitution is: take your pick
stupid,
totally unnecessary,
dangerous, due to the potential consequences,
so poorly written it is shameful,
will be an extreme waste of legal fees contesting it, if passed,
in short, is an abortion.

I am tired of religious dingbats telling me what I am supposed to think or believe. Now they are trying to put their beliefs into our Constitution. I guess they think that if they can only codify this, then that will give it legitimacy. No way, Jose! It will still be dumb!

I guess the best, clear argument against this can be simply expressed in this quote I borrowed from Face Book.

"Claiming that someone's marriage is against your religion
is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut
because you are on a diet."

VOTE AGAINST AMENDMENT ONE



No comments: